Who has caught the Zentangle bug?
Zentangle is an easy-to-learn, relaxing, fun way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns. These patterns are called tangles.
You create tangles with combinations of dots, lines, simple curves, S-curves and orbs. These simple shapes are the “Elemental Strokes” in all Zentangle art.
Zentangle art is non-representational and unplanned so you can focus on each stroke and not worry about the result. There is no up or down to Zentangle art. If fact, you can most easily create Zentangle art by rotating your paper as you tangle — always keeping your hand in a relaxed position. You don’t need to know what a tangle is going to look like to draw it. You just need to know the steps. The result is a delightful surprise.
As you use Zentangle to create beautiful images, you likely will enjoy increased focus, creativity, self-confidence and an increased sense well-being.
When you Zentangle, you can
- Expand your imagination
- Trust your creativity
- Increase your awareness
- Respond confidently to the unexpected
- Discover the fun and healing in creative expression
- Enter a vibrant and supportive world-wide community
- Feel gratitude and appreciation for this beautiful world and all that you can do
- And perhaps most importantly . . . have fun! (1)
At our Stoneleigh group, Zentangle is known as “posh doodling” it is a very relaxing and absorbing activity which brings a hush to the room when we are all involved.
These striking pictures are the results from our Stoneleigh members!
(1) Source from zentangle.com ‘About the Zentangle Method’