Lockdown in Reigate
One member, Terry Panter has been creating wonderful masterpieces while in islolation. One of them is the hippo picture above.
To keep her creativity spark flourishing, Gerri Joyce painted these images (above and below) on canvas, then sent photos of them to be printed onto cushions. There are many companies offering this service. Gerri used an online company called www.my-picture.co.uk. Look how well they turned out! They look great! Can I have some cushions to brighten up my home please…?
Some comments from the group:
The best things about lockdown:
– enjoying the clean air and the lack of planes and cars
– listening to the birdsong
– reading, listening to music, walks, garden
– time for oneself
– camp fires in front of a homemade wigwam, cooking sausages and marshmallows
– sitting in the garden and watching beautiful sunsets
– seeing deer in the field next to us
The worst things about lockdown:
– interaction with other people, family, friends
– missing the art group
– missing out because of lack of computer
– loss of business
On Wednesday mornings some of us have been ‘meeting’ online in small groups via WhatsApp. It is very relaxing to make art alongside other people and to catch up with how they are getting on in lockdown, as well as sharing art ideas. We are also going to try out zoom so that we can have larger groups. Although these platforms are very easy to use, unfortunately not everyone in the group has the technology to take part. However, everyone is encouraged to join in at home on a Wednesday morning, even if they can’t see the other participants.
Kathy Adams – Reigate Park group leader